Saturday 29 March 2014

Life Lessons From a Bank Teller

         Regular na ako!!!! For five months of  probationary as Bank Teller, at last, my prayer has already been answered!
         I always wanted to handle cash even back when I was a kid. I could still remember when I became a bank for my classmates. They let me kept their savings and I even made a paper passbook for each of them. But of course walang interest yun ha and since they were my friends, my services for them were for free. Yes, it was not a burden for me. My purpose was to help them anyway. Talented naman kasi ako when it comes to keeping money. I was trained by my parents since I was 6.
         As I grow older, even if I did not dream to work in a bank, fate lead me in one of the top banks in the country.
         People usually see bankers as having a relaxed job. Sitting down in an air conditioned office while in front of computer whole day, some people believe its one of the most dreamed job. Though their perception is partly true, they didn't know the high risk of working in a bank. And for almost six months of working as a teller, I've learned the basic "must be-s" of a Bank Teller which in turn can be associated in real life situations.
       

  1. A teller must count every piece of cash they put in and out. The Lord always shower us with blessings. Every little things we have are blessings come from the Lord we may not realize it; every air we breathe, every bite we take,every single particle we see, the home we live in, the job we have, the people that surrounds us are all from above. Those things may be simple for us to realize but if we put it by heart, we will be more than thankful to receive those things. We may not be deserving enough to be showered with everyday blessings but because of God's undeserved love and grace, he extends his mercy to us. And remember,God gives us something so that we could also give something to others. How great is the feeling to become a blessing for others!
  2. A teller must be careful in receiving cash, it might be counterfeit. Just like in life, we cannot trust everyone nor please everyone. Not all people who smiles at you are your friends. They may be smiling in front of you but stub you at the back.
  3. A teller must balance its cash drawer against money processed during the day. In real life situation, every person must also balance their daily activities, emotions and rights. Bawal ma-short or ma-over. You wont feel rewarded if disbalanse ka sa life. And if you dont feel rewarded, it would result to low self-esteem and therefore you become ineffective in all the things you do no matter how simple it is.
  4. A teller is called "teller" to tell. Honesty is the best policy. People keep their valuables in the bank because they "trust" the bank to keep it safe. Honesty starts with one's self. If you want people to trust you, prove to them how trustworthy you are. Being trustworthy begins if you have the heart to help and be responsible to handle all challenges that may come in life with an honest heart.
           Count. Careful. Balance. Honest. Verbs and adjectives which are common to our ears yet not easy to put into action. Thats why it is important to start the every day with a prayer admitting how weak we are without God. Because with God, every thing is secured and safe.I am just so glad that I am happy with my job now far from my previous one. I am enjoying the job's nature and the way I bond with my officemates and clients. For me, its not how long we are in a job and its not what the job can give you but how much you give yourself to the job and how much you are willing to learn from it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment