Sunday 27 October 2013

Sweets from Japan

I can't get enough with this another sweet from Japan!!!

Last week, our neighbor who married a Japanese nationality gave us a few slice of this sweet snack monggo flavor from Japan. This week, she gave us another one whole piece of the same kind of sweet snack but this time GREEN TEA flavor.


She said this sweet snack is  a kind of chocolate in Japan. I just don't know the name of this chocolate because the packaging is labeled in Japanese characters which is unfortunately I don't know anyone who can read it for me. Can anyone read the label for me? 'Coz I wanna buy another like this.

When eating this, I am reminded of "dodol" a kind of suman made by Maranaos. They both have the same texture but this Japanese sweet is sweeter and more fragrant than dudol.

Another chocolate I love is also from Japan, ROYCE CHOCOLATE....


My sister gave us two boxes of Royce fresh from Japan while I was in bangkok. The taste is like heaven that lets you savor and feel the sweetness until your last bite. Worry not if ever you have eaten too much because it is made from healthy and natural ingredients. I don't even worry of my skin and pimples when eating this. And because it is natural, the shelf life is shorter than typical chocolates. When it comes to price, Royce is pricey but I guess it is reasonable. While shopping in Siam Square, I saw Royce at the food center at around 500 Thb. In Philippines, Royce is available at Greenbelt and Eastwood Mall for more that 500 Php.

I must say you guys must try it. Once you taste it, it makes you ask for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment